"Organisation" is the SONAR name of an institution in the system. All other resources (documents, deposits, users, projects, collections, subdivisions) are linked to an organisation. In the administration interface, the users see and interact only with the resources of their own organisation.
To manage the organisation
- Open the administration interface
- Open "Administration > Organisations"
- Choose the wanted organisation
By editing the organisation, the following fields can be modified.
|This name appears everywhere in the system for mentioning the organisation. For instance, it appears in the public interface for each document indicating its belonging organisation.
|The description is shown on the organisation landing page. It is targeted at the end user, so that he·she identifies what the purpose of the page/website is. It can include links and formatted text.
|Allowed IP addresses
|List of IP addresses or ranges (one rule per line) that allow access:
1. to private files (access: embargoed or restricted) if the option "Access allowed from the organisation's IP addresses" is enabled on the concerned file
2. to masked document if the field "Masked" is set on "Masked for external IP addresses
Allowed formats are
- as a mask: 127.0.0.1/32
- with truncation: 127.0.0.1.*
- as a complete address: 127.0.0.1.65
|for dedicated organisations
|Name of the platform (can be different from the name of the institution) displayed in evidence in the organisation homepage.
|Footer of the platform, that appears on all pages. It can include links (to the help, to the deposit form, etc.). If it is not defined, the default SONAR footer is displayed.
|Document custom field 1-3
|Labels: Name of the field, per language.
Include in facets: A facet based on this field is created and displayed in the public and administration interface.
|Visible facets in the public interface for documents
|Configuration of the facets that are displayed in the dedicated view. If no facet is selected, all are displayed by default.
Logo and favicon
On the organisation detailed view (see image), it is possible to upload files:
- The logo file should be ideally be in format SVG, but can also be in JPG or PNG.
- Only for dedicated platforms: The favicon file is automatically recognised according to its MIME type (either
image/vnd.microsoft.icon). A best practice is to upload a file named